lunes, 25 de agosto de 2014

¡23 Aniversario del Kernel Linux!

Un día como hoy del año 1991 publicaba Linus Torvalds, estudiante de Ciencias de la Computación en la Universidad de Helsinki, Finlandia, este mensaje:
Hello everybody out there using minix -
I’m doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won’t be big and
professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing
since april, and is starting to get ready. I’d like any feedback on
things people like/dislike in minix, as my OS resembles it somewhat
(same physical layout of the file-system (due to practical reasons)
among other things).
I’ve currently ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), and things seem to work.
This implies that I’ll get something practical within a few months, and
I’d like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions
are welcome, but I won’t promise I’ll implement them
Linus (torvalds@kruuna.helsinki.fi)
PS. Yes – it’s free of any minix code, and it has a multi-threaded fs.
It is NOT protable (uses 386 task switching etc), and it probably never
will support anything other than AT-harddisks, as that’s all I have :-(.

Desde entonces se dio inicio al proyecto de Software Libre más grande jamás conocido: El núcleo Linux, alma de todas las distribuciones GNU/Linux que conocemos hasta la fecha.

En la actualidad el uso de GNU/Linux se ha extendido desde los servidores, supercomputadoras, sistemas críticos y hackers, hasta usuarios domésticos; quienes hoy disfrutan de un escritorio estable y con una amplia gama de aplicaciones que no tienen nada que envidiarle a los sistemas tradicionales propietarios.


Artículos relacionados



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario